WordPress Website Design & Development in DIY Steps
This is the first place search engines look. Be savvy and choose a domain name with top keywords. Choose more than one domain name to help people find you. Your dream, great idea or a newborn child’s name can be a good investment.
Create Keyword-Rich Content & Video
When writing and creating good content you should always have SEO (search engine optimization) in mind. Is the text unique, meaningful and entertaining? Does copy include keywords and keyword phrases? Is it relevant?
4 good reasons for moving your site to WordPress:
- 91% of people worldwide own a mobile phone
- 58% of all U.S. consumers own a smartphone
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether it’s on smartphones, PCs, tablets or TVs
- Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users
What you feel is important to mobile visitors can be emphasized, such as your location, phone number and hours.
WordPress provides a state-of-the-art minimalistic approach:
- Clean design
- Fast-loading pages
- Quick and easy for visitors to find points of interest
Mobile devices have changed the way fonts and images are displayed.
Generally, larger images and fonts have the best readability. Use only Web-safe fonts. Changing your mind, updating, and making corrections will be easy in WordPress.
Create indicators prompting users to engage.
Include social media icons, which serve as micro indicators for the user to click on. You also want users to be inspired to “join ” and share you. Be clear and direct in your “calls to action.”
Update your WordPress site if you:
• suspect hacking
• have not updated your WordPress site to the latest version
• have difficulty with spam
• want to stay relevant to search engines